Email email@example.com for more info, or to submit your application
As an in house legal counsel and to advise the Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad Group of companies (Malaysia & Singapore) (hereinafter referred to as the Company) on all legal related matters and assist the Company Secretary in secretarial matters including ensuring that:
- the activities of the Company and its businesses are in compliance with relevant laws and directions of government authorities; and
- the Company’s interests, assets and obligations are protected from a legal perspective.
Corporate and commercial matters
- Draft, vet, peruse and provide legal advice and opinions on all forms of agreements, letters, proposals, contracts and other documents on areas of law and compliance (including but not limited to commercial and corporate matters, intellectual property and litigation) and to carry out legal research when required.
- Negotiating terms and conditions of contract
- Liaising and attending meetings with management, internal customers and external parties;
- Carrying out legal research
- Monitor, coordinate and handle litigation matters which include taking instructions from management, liaise, correspond and execute written instructions to external lawyers, updating litigation records and status reports and checking legal bills for payment.
- Negotiating and giving advice for settlement
- Vetting court documents prepared by external lawyers
- Approving and negotiating legal bills for payments.
Intellectual Property and trademark matters
- Taking instructions from Management and licensors on all intellectual property and trademarks matters
- Giving instructions to external lawyers and monitoring/follow-up on the progress
- Maintaining file records and approving legal bills for payment
- Coordinating the IP matters for Asia region on behalf of Group IP
Training and legal education
- Provide legal training and briefing on updates on the law and company policies (CSR / legal/ misc/ company projects) to Management and employees
- Compile, vet, analyse and prepare legal guidelines, company & group policies,
- Prepare presentation slides for briefing /training;
- Discussion with external lawyers, attending local training and doing research.
- Liasing with Group HQ including corresponding and attending legal get together
Other legal matters
- Provide advice on tenders and attending tender meetings where required
- Attend company inquiries such as domestic inquiries
- Prepare legal budgets and estimates
- Take part in company projects and implementation of policies
- Monitor and maintain all legal file records, contracts, company documents, property titles, etc and filing where necessary
- Arrange for execution and signing of documents, stamping and distribution of contracts and documents to respective parties;
Company Secretarial/STOCK EXCHANGE Compliance:
Preparation of annual reports
- Drafting and preparing relevant sections in annual report and circulars to shareholders
- Liaising with Board of Directors, company secretary and external co sec , share registrar, Bursa Securities, Corporate affairs dept, and other relevant parties-
- Assisting the Company Secretary in ensuring dispatch of annual reports to shareholders
- Carry out research and monitoring of relevant laws on corporate governance and listing requirements of Bursa Securities
Organising shareholders meetings (AGM/EGM)
- Liaising with Management, Company Secretary and External Co Sec & Share Registrar on the following:
- Organising and attending meetings and issue correspondences
- preparing administrative details for AGM (Attendance list, Chairman Script, attending AGM and assisting on public queries during AGM)
- taking Minutes of Meeting and preparing Minutes for Co Sec, correspondences and arranging for Chariman's signature, Q & A, liaison with regulators
Preparation of Board Files and attending to Company secretarial matters
Take on the Co sec role and undertake the following:
- prepare draft agenda, Board sections and other info and compiling all information on sections from respective parties for Board File
- Arranging for, attend and take minutes of Board meetings & liaising with directors , preparing attendance list & arrangement of payment of fees to directors
- Preparing Board Resolutions & memos and other co sec documents, liaising with internal customers & ext co sec, arranging and circulation for Directors signature
- Prepare company announcements & semi-annual returns for release to Bursa and SC, liaising with Mgmt, Directors and external co sec
- Monitoring Corporate Gov and Compliance issues, liaising with regulators (Bursa Securities, Securities Commission), preparing comments to consultation papers, discussing with Joint Co Sec and ext co sec on amendments to Listing Requirements and the law, attending CG conferences, giving advise to Mgmt and Board
- Peruse bills from external consultants and recommend payment, process payment after approval from Management
- Prepare company forms for submission and filing to authorities (CCM/Bursa/SC), liaising with internal customers and ext co sec
- Undertake the maintenance and upkeep of Co Sec files and statutory registers
- Prepare budgets and estimates
- To implement, carry out training, compliance programs and other activities as set by Group Legal & Compliance from time to time in relation to Live By Our Compass, Code of Ethics & Conduct and Carlsberg Group Policies & Manuals relating to legal compliance in particular Competition Law Compliance, Anti Bribery & Corruption, Corporate Governance, Trade Sanctions and Data Protection.
Shah Alam, Selangor
Part time / Full time
Monday - Friday
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified.