Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info, or to submit your application
Work in partnership with the business by providing constructive challenge and making full contribution to the management of the business and achievement of strategic objectives.Provide commercial and financial support and advice to the business, on strategic and operational decision making, through forward-looking and commercial insights that raise the standards in key decision areas to drive better business performance and profitability. Acts as a link between the business and Finance department.
- Facilitate and manage respective business’ budgets
- Provide the business with comprehensive, high quality strategic commercial information and insights based on industry and macro-economic trends and competitor dynamics
- Implement measures and report on key indicators which drive the business.
- Deliver analysis to drive improved understanding of profitability
- Analyse, interpret and explain commercial developments and variances such as sales vol and discount
- Provide financial analysis and recommendations for the business to take proactive business decisions
- Provide in-depth and robust industry, competitor and economic analysis and trends
- Advise on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities
- Analyse current business decisions’ impact on future performance
- Drive the financial aspects of the business’ strategic plans, budgets, estimates and forecasts whilst ensuring alignment to the business.
- Establish the key assumptions and benchmarks to be used
- Production of timely, accurate and high quality plans, budgets, estimates and forecasts
- Conduct risk assessments, evaluations and scenario planning e.g. production breakdowns to proactively anticipate and manage risks.
- Proactively work with non-finance stakeholders to ensure the Finance function is embedded in the business and provide value adding and innovative financial advice.
- Ensure deliverables are aligned to the business needs
- Educate and up-skill non-Finance employees to raise financial awareness in the business
- Ensure business decisions are grounded in sound financial analysis.
- Provide exhaustive profitability reporting to allow top line improvements and margin enhancements
- Prepare management reports focusing on quality improvement and bottom line enhancements
- Provide periodic and regular commentary on variances from budget and report significant issues to the business
- Provide end-to-end financial advisory to the business.
- Identify gaps and opportunities leading to cost savings, efficiency gains and improved performance
- Provide relevant and pragmatic insights and analysis to improve the strategic and operational resource allocation process
- Provide key Management information to the business to make improvements, bringing new innovative ideas to the team and business
- Work closely with the commercial leaders and business to drive improved performance
- Perform investment appraisals and post implementation reviews to ensure alignment with overall business strategies
- Develop scorecards or relevant analytical reports for business performance review
- Ensure effective internal controls in the business ensuring that there are checks and balances in the system.
- Support and drive Commercial projects from Region or HQ such as Value Management, ROIC, LEAN and AOCM.
- Obtain, share and implement best practices from/with other countries.
- Take a lead role to drive optimization of the Operating Cost Model in the respective business and to constantly look for ways on more effective and efficient spending.
- Identify and drive process efficiencies and improvements.
- Provide technical and other support as needed.
- Assume responsibility for any ad-hoc tasks as directed.
- Collaborate with other internal and external resources as appropriate.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors during audits and assist to ensure compliance on Carlsberg Financial Control Framework (CFCF).
- At least 7 years controlling experience in a progressively growing capacity
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Credibility to lead and challenge the business
- Strong understanding of the business
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and procedures, international financial reporting standards and economics
- In-depth understanding of all the accounting and finance functions
- Understanding of the regulations and reporting requirements of a public listed company
- Good understanding and knowledge of SAP
- Proficient in spreadsheet designs for analysis
- Excellent communications skills. Able to relay complex information and analyses in a precise and clear way
- Able to lead projects and motivate people & cross functional teams
- Ability to network and communicate with employees of all levels across all functions
- High level of discretion
- Analytical and has a keen eye for details
- Strong problem solving skills
- Business oriented mindset
- Perseverance and adaptability to build and maintain influence
- Able to deal with increasing demands for organisational sustainability, new approaches to outsourcing and developments in data analytics
- Inquisitive with a desire to understand a broad range of commercial issues, interpreting it for their business and explaining the relevant context
- Curiosity to stay abreast with developments in the Company, industry and economy
Shah Alam, Selangor
Part time / Full time
Monday - Friday
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified