Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info, or to submit your application
- To advise the employer or any person in charge of a place of work on the measures to be taken in the interests of the safety and health of the persons employed in the place of work.
- To inspect the place of work to determine whether any machinery, plant, equipment, substance, appliances or process or any description of manual labour used in the place of work, is of such nature liable to cause bodily injury to any person working in the place of work.
- To investigate any accident, near-miss accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational poisoning or occupational disease which has happened in the place of work.
- To assist the employer or the safety and health committee, if any, pursuant to regulation 11 of the Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996 [P.U.(A) 616/96] in organizing and implementing occupational safety and health programme at the place of work.
- To become secretary to the safety and health committee, if any, as specified under sub-regulation 6(2) of the Occupational Safety and Health (Safety and Health Committee) Regulations 1996, and perform all functions of a secretary as specified in that Regulations.
- To assist the safety and health committee in any inspection of the place of work for the purposes of checking the effectiveness and efficacy of any measures taken in compliance with the Act or any regulations made under the Act.
- To collect, analyse and maintain statistics on any accident, dangerous occurance, occupational poisoning and occupational disease which have occured at the place of work.
- To assist any officer in carrying made by the employer or any person in charge of the place of work on any matters pertaining to safety and health of the place of work.
- A safety and health officer shall, before the tenth of a preceding month, submit a report pertaining to his activities to the employer.
- Doubled as a Radioactive Protection Officer.
- Certified and registered competent Safety and Health Officer by DOSH.
- honesty – must accept and bear the responsibility of his actions. Firm and fair in his actions.
- creative – positive creativity in offering advise and solutions.
- ability to communicate – is a requirement as the job is centered on people. Must like to meet people. Training of staff is inclusive.
- ability to co-operate – cooperation is paramount and must be able to work with and care for the whole spectrum of human individual.
- adaptability – must be able to adapt to dynamic situation. Must like to do research work and read a lot on current issues.
- high Emotional Quotient (EQ)– must be able to be level headed in the presence of reactive pressure from all quarters.
- ability to act/react fast and accurately in a crisis, eg. accident victim management.
- humanitarian – advocates and seeks to promote human welfare. Likes to help people.
- ability to analyses problems quickly and offer effective solutions.
- all rounder – safety and health work requires the person to be multi-disciplined, eg a bit of a chemist, lawyer, engineer, nurse, writer, fireman, enforcer, inspector, electrician, fitter, process worker, etc. Must have strong common sense.
- perseverance to achieve objectives in safety and health.
- a practical person and not only a pen pusher.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English
- At least 7 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Preferably Managers specializing in Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
Shah Alam, Selangor
Part time / Full time
Monday - Friday
We regret to inform only shortlisted candidates will be notified