Selangor, April 27th, 2010 – Carlsberg Malaysia (the Group) held its 40th Annual General Meeting where the Chairman, Dato Lim Say Chong informed the shareholders that the Management Team have effectively implemented the strategic plan announced in 2009. This had enabled the Group to weather the challenges of high raw material prices as well as an adverse operating environment to deliver satisfactory results for the financial year ended 31st December 2009.
1. Revenue grew by 9% to RM 1,045 million, the first time in the Group’s history where the revenue surpassed the RM1.0 billion level.
2. Carlsberg beer, the No.1 beer brand in Malaysia, maintained its leading position and achieved brand share growth for the first time in several years, despite a decline in total beer and stout industry in 2009.
3. Achieved sales growth in premium beer segment by 50% via the successful integration and performance of its subsidiary Luen Heng F&B Sdn Bhd.
4. Successful acquisition of Carlsberg Singapore Pte Ltd which is expected to increase the Group’s market coverage and increase the Group’s net profit significantly.
At the press conference held in conjunction with the shareholders’ meeting, the Chairman shared that the successful implementation of the Group’s Strategic Priorities had contributed to the increase in shareholder value, improvement in operation efficiency as well as boosted positive employee morale and productivity. The Group had also successfully expanded its business to a new and more exciting horizon that enabled the Brewer to brew even greater success and achieve sustainable growth.
The notable achievements recorded from the 2009 performance were: RM
Building on its profitable investments and more robust brand portfolio, the Group is confident to continue to drive growth in 2010 by implementing four key Strategic Priorities as follows:
1. Execution of Commercial Must-Win-Battles
2. Integration of the Singapore operations
3. Value Management
4. Cash Optimization
Today, Carlsberg Malaysia is a much larger player with a more robust brand portfolio. The Management is confident that by implementing the four key strategic priorities, the Group shall continue to achieve compelling performance and deliver value to its shareholders.